Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day!

My mom is out of town for the weekend on a romantic getaway with the Hubby. She asked me to make a guest blog post because she couldn't bare the thought of her faithful readers being disappointed at the lack of posts.
I sing praises for my mom at any formal event - for Christmas I wrote her and my dad a long story about how wonderfully they have raised our family. I say all these things because she deserves every single word. They say a picture says a thousand words, so here's one for you. I managed to capture the look on the Beamer's face every time he see's my mom come home.
The Beamer and the Adolescent
My mom is an inspiration to everybody around her. Especially me. She has taught me so much about life, love and family. I am so grateful that I have such a spectacular woman in my life to look up to. I also love reading this blog, especially when I'm away from home!
Although I moan and groan every time mother's day comes around, I like taking this time to appreciate my mom. And I will continue to do so for many many years.
Love,
The Daughter

PS. My mom asked me to somehow make this cooking related.. but since we've literally only eaten delivery pizza this whole weekend, here's a picture of some cookie monster cupcakes I made earlier this year!
All you do is make any kind of cupcakes you want (I made these and they were spectacular) and then dye vanilla icing with food colouring, add eyes (icing + chocolate chips) and cookies. Try not to eat them too fast. Too cute and too delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment