Thursday, January 19, 2012

Still So Beige

I can see that others are living lives of colour.

Colin's Bacon Milkshakes
My nephew Colin embarked on a 41 day bacon eating adventure. He ate at least one piece of bacon every day for 41 days. On the weekends he made out-there bacon recipes. Colin is obviously not Beige.


Bacon Cake made by Colin




The Daughter's hair bun is normally small and underwhelming.










Then she does something magical with a sport sock and voila: a full and luscious bun.

This is what someone who's beige finds fascinating.











Treasure, who some might call a "sensitive" (picky) eater, tries various foods that he normally would have refused. Squid and mussels are not beige.

Sabina who previously was struggling with beige has joined the Ride to Conquer Cancer and her face is too red and her butt too sore to be considered beige any longer.

I, on the other hand, am still so beige. I think it has to do with my New Year's Resolution: Acceptance. I'm used to spending a lot of my energy trying to inspire others to...well...to see the world like I do. You can imagine how well that goes over. I really don't understand what all the reluctance is about. I believe strongly and sincerely that if more people saw things the way I do then the world, well, maybe not the world, but definitely I would be much happier. I know on an intellectual level that it's perfectly fine and actually desirable that everyone has their own feelings and thoughts blah blah blah but deep down I really don't get it. But I'm going to try to Accept People for Who They Are. Very basic stuff but not simple or easy for me. I think Acceptance is making me Beige. It's hard to imagine needing much passion to Accept people (yawn). But I probably don't quite Get It yet.

Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment