Friday, March 23, 2012

Tribute to the Last Cookie

I ask the Daughter if she can send me a couple of photos of her and her friends eating the cookies she received in her care package. In theory she's totally supportive of this idea but then reality sinks in. In order to take a picture of eating cookies it means that she will actually have to eat the cookies and this means less cookies. I think to myself that yes isn't that the point of cookies? To eat them? However, my finely tuned parental instincts (in my dreams) tell me to watch and wait so, on this rare occasion, I do.

The face of sadness at the last cookie

Margaret says the only thing they should eat from now on are the chocolate cookies and that I should open a bakery. I always liked Margaret.

The Boyfriend says the cookies are delicious and he wants more. I always knew the Boyfriend had good taste.

Laura, Margaret, and Brandy

In the end, the cookies last 5 days. In the end, the Daughter realizes that desserts are meant to be shared. And that's because:

Food is Love.

2 comments:

  1. I savoured this cookie... Jordan will tell you. It was an out-of-body experience, YUM! Thanks Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing about baking is that it's easy to make more! Thanks Margaret!

    ReplyDelete