Friday, January 7, 2011

Freaky Friday

Today you will see pictures that have never been seen before - of me cooking dinner on a Friday night! The motivation for this unheard-of-before event was the invitation to dinner of my Daughter's Boyfriend.

Never before seen!

For many years now our Friday night ritual has been ordering in pizza and watching a movie on TV. It's heaven after a long week at work.


We were so involved in capturing this once in a lifetime cooking event on film that we forgot to keep an eye on the Beamer who has extreme curiosity and a long reach. When we remembered our parenting responsibilities he had already spied the shiny bowl of parsley, bounced his chair close to the counter, stretched and wriggled his way to success. He was finding it to be an excellent play toy.

Parsley Success

The Beamer and the Hubby

To regress for a moment, what was I thinking when I started this blog?? There are so many topics I could have easily focused on and with which I could have filled countless pages: Ordering In; Choosing a Good Caterer; Other People's Cooking, Reading Cooking Mags...NOT a blog on MY cooking and recipes.

I am a poser.

But tonight I am for real. Tonight it is Proscuitto Pasta (found in Main Dishes). It's the dinner most requested by my kids. It's a recipe from a very old copy of Bon Appetit magazine which I now know by heart because I make it so often.

Dinner's ready. The Boyfriend is on the right.
I can't say I was happy to cook on a Friday night. I will try my best never to do it again. But I was happy that the kids, including the Boyfriend, enjoyed it. The rest of the weekend: Recovery!












No comments:

Post a Comment