Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sad and Sorry Part 2

The ONLY thing I made this weekend, the only thing I made this whole week in fact (and the verb "made" is being generous), is Watermelon-Strawberry and Orange-Pineapple Bru. These are electrolyte solutions. They are for replacing the stuff that gets lost through the copious amounts of sweat that the Hubby and I produce while spinning for 2 hours every Sunday. To summarize: the only food prep I did this week was to combine powdered electrolytes with water and shook.

I continue to seek inspiration.

I may be going through an unusually long drought with cooking but I usually, at the very least, make Sunday morning breakfast. However, this morning I didn't because I attended the funeral of the father of a work colleague. I thought there might be disappointment from my family for missing the food that I make with such love and devotion. But no one even seemed to notice. As I was walking into the house upon return from the funeral I happened to cross paths with the Adolescent who had just woken up. He grunted something. I think it was hello. Didn't ask where I'd been. Didn't even seem to register that there was no bacon sizzling on the stove, no pancakes on the griddle. Has my family given up on me?


I called my sister for inspiration. She tried. But then she confessed that she hasn't even been reading my blog...forgot I was writing one!!! One day I'm going to get some sisterly revenge and blog about the Hard as Rock Cake that she made for Scarlett's birthday a couple of years ago! The best she could come up with is a question: why do I want to cook? Not bad...for a baker of Rock Cakes...

One of my friends also tried to be helpful. He had a bunch of good ideas (good ideas if you actually cook!). He should write his own blog: Great Ideas for Others. But he is also the one I asked to invite me over for dinner. I still don't have an invite. I think he's intimidated or something. Intimidated??? Has he not been reading my blog either?!


The search continues.







3 comments:

  1. O.K This is the hubby. So, I'm NOT stalking the new espresso bar owner, I just like to reward the entrepreneurial spirit of a new business owner. And the butter tart was, quite simply, the best butter tart I have ever tasted, as was the coffee and the banana loaf (which she offered to me for free!) so I don't think that she thinks I am creepy. I think I will enjoy a butter tart and latte after our spin class (but without the stalking!) every Sunday since the new espresso bar is across the street from our spin studio. The owner is this lovely young person (probably less than half my age!).
    I have now read my wife's blog in its' entirety (all 4 or 5 pages of it) and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I recommend it to the masses. I will endeavour to keep current. Until my next comment, keep writing about all those wonderful dishes you are not cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad, I can't believe you're giving up on Starbucks.. it really is a new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can really relate to the baker of rock cakes. Sounds like quite a talent. Know that even in the hardest of cakes, there lies a soft sensitive centre.

    ReplyDelete